Thursday, May 5, 2016

New Vitamins...



Because of my vitamin deficiencies I have been taking extra Iron, Folic Acid, Vitamin C pills as well as getting Vitamin B injections for almost a year now. It doesn't seem like a big deal until you break it down.  Once a day I take the following pills: a multivitamin, 1 Vitamin B Complex, 1 Folic Acid, 1 Vitamin C, & 200 iu of Vitamin D. On top of that I take a prescription 50,000 iu Vitamin D pill once a week and get a Vitamin B shot each month. That turns out to be a lot of pills, and a lot of money. I think I'm pretty much keeping my local pharmacy in business. I was never able to find a multivitamin with the extra dosage combination that I needed. Then my pregnant friend was complaining about her "horse pill" vitamins she had to take and I asked to see one. It turns out I just hadn't been looking in the right place. I called my doctor and got a verbal confirmation that it would be just fine for me to take prenatal vitamins in place of my regular combination. Always check with your own healthcare provider. I am not a doctor and make no medical claims.

I've actually been taking these giant pills for almost two weeks. One pill twice a day more than covers my needs and saves me about 75% of my out of pocket costs. I still have to take my prescription 50,000 iu Vitamin D pill once a week and get a Vitamin B shot each month. This brand of #Zenwise Prenatal Vitamins is available for purchase on Amazon: 
http://www.amazon.com/Prenatal-Multivitamin-Probiotics-Supplement-Pregnancy/dp/B0106FIYCY

***In full disclosure I received this product at a discounted price for my honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment